- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 75 mins
- 8 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- October 30, 2014
600ml Thickened Cream
500ml Greek Yoghurt
2/3 cup of Caster Sugar
2 Vanilla pods
6 regular strength Gelatine Leaves ***
Canola Oil spray ***
1 bunch Rhubarb – cut into 2cm pieces
2 Blood Oranges
1/4 cup Caster Sugar
- Place the gelatine leaves into a small bowl with cold water to steep for 5 minutes until soft.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the cream, sugar and split and scraped Vanilla pods (chuck in the pods as well) until warmed. Add the drained and squeezed (***see tip) gelatine leaves , then stir well to combine. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes. Once the cream mix is cooled, add the Yoghurt and stir well. Strain the mix through a fine sieve into a large jug, then transfer the mix to an oiled loaf tin (if serving whole) or 8 individual serving glasses. Place in the fridge to set for 6 hours or overnight.
- To make the Rhubarb - Preheat your oven to 160c. In a medium oven proof dish, place the rhubarb, sugar and juice from the blood oranges. Triple wrap with alfoil and bake for 1 hour. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 1 hour before transferring to the fridge to cool completely. Resist the urge to stir the rhubarb after it comes out of the oven, as it will look more effective for presentation if it's not mushy.
- If serving whole, carefully invert the Panna Cotta onto your serving plate and top with the Rhubarb. Serve immediately and have some serious mouthgasms... YES, YES, YEEEEES!
- *** It is imperative that you squeeze all the water from the soaked gelatine leaves before adding them to the cream. *** If Blood Oranges are unavailable, you can substitute them with normal oranges. I also add minimal sugar to the Rhubarb, as I prefer this dessert quite tart, however if you like sweeter desserts, add another 1/4 cup.
- *** If using a loaf tin or ramekins rather than a nice serving glasss/dish make sure to spray it gently with a neutral canola (or veg) oil to grease them first. This will ensure easy removal of your set panna cotta.