- Preparation time
- 10 mins
- Cooking time
- 50 mins
- 6 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- June 1, 2017
This delicious recipe is exactly as the name suggests… One Pot Bacon Mac’n’Cheese.
I grew tired of the rigmorale that is a béchamel Mac’n’Cheese and knew that there had to be another way… And here it is.
This recipe is so easy, so quick and so delicious. My family absolutely love it (and so do I). It’s naughty, there’s no denying that, but it’s worth every single calorie.
Don’t be tempted to scrimp on the bacon, it makes this dish so unbelievably delish and don’t scrimp on the cheese either.
I’ve made this dish with less cream and more milk, it does work but it’s not as unctuous – so I’d suggest doing this only if you’re running low on cream.
Do not; I repeat DO NOT use low fat anything in this recipe. It will suck.
250gms Smoked Bacon, finely sliced
1 large Brown Onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
500mls Full cream Milk
1 cup grated Mozzarella
1 cup grated Tasty cheese
2 cups dried Macaroni
- Pre-heat your fan-forced oven to 180̒°c
- Heat an oven proof lidded sauté pan over a medium-high heat. Add the butter and once bubbling add the sliced bacon. Cook for a few minutes until the bacon is starting to crisp up and brown and then add the chopped onion and garlic. Cook for a further couple of minutes until the onion is becoming translucent.
- In a large jug combine the milk and cream. Stir well and then add directly to the pan with the dried pasta and grated tasty cheese. Bring to a simmer and sprinkle the mozzarella over the top - don't stir it in, and then cover with the lid and place into your pre-heated oven.
- Cook covered for 20 minutes and then remove the lid and cook for a further 20 minutes uncovered.
- Serve immediately as a main with a tossed salad or as a side dish for a hearty meal.