- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 15 mins
- 4 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- September 16, 2017
By serving these delicious grilled ‘tacos’ in a lettuce cup rather than the traditional tortilla you are not only making them lighter but also much better for you.
I also like to use Greek yoghurt in my dressing instead of a heavy, high fat mayonnaise, but If you follow a dairy-free diet you could also substitute the yoghurt for coconut cream or coconut yoghurt and it would be just as heavenly!
The perfect recipe for a healthy, easy dinner. Enjoy xx
4 large Salmon fillets – boned and skinned
2 cups finely shredded Green Cabbage
2 cups finely shredded Red Cabbage
1 bunch of Coriander
200gm punnet of Cherry Tomatoes
2 whole cobs of Corn
½ Red Onion
1 small, firm Iceberg Lettuce
Coconut Oil Spray
Salt and Pepper
Green Goddess Dressing
1 small bunch of Coriander
1 small bunch of Mint
200gms Greek Yoghurt
2 tbs Pickled Jalapenos
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded green and red cabbage. Finely chop the stalks and roughly chop the leaves of the coriander then add half of it to the coleslaw with the zest and juice of 1 lime. Season with salt and pepper, and then set aside. Carefully separate 8 large lettuce leaves, wash them well and set aside.
- Heat BBQ or frypan over a high heat, spray the corn with oil and grill, turning regularly, until charred and cooked on all sides. Once cooked, cut the kernels from the cobs.
- To make the salsa – Dice the Cherry tomatoes and place into a small bowl. Add the leftover coriander, finely diced onion and the corn kernels. Zest and juice one lime, and add this to the salsa. Season well with salt and pepper and set aside for the flavour to infuse.
- Place all the dressing ingredients into a small processor or blender. Whiz or process until completely smooth and then season well with salt and pepper to taste
- Season the salmon well with salt and pepper, then on your pre-heated BBQ or frypan, cook the fish for approx. 3-5 minutes over med/high heat on each side or until medium-rare, and then remove immediately from the heat to rest.
- To assemble the Taco – Place a handful of the coleslaw salad into the base of each lettuce cup. Top with a spoon of salsa and dressing. Evenly flake the salmon over the top and serve immediately.
- *** TIP: You could also serve this recipe together as a healthy salad bowl