- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 20 mins
- 4 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- March 9, 2017
You have to ask yourself, WHY would you buy some processed, heinous chicken tender or go to KFC for something arguably worse, when you can make my crispy strips in a flash and they are relatively healthy.
I make these as a treat for my kids, but honestly I think I love them even more than they do!
500gms Skinless Chicken Breast or Chicken breast tenders
1/4 cup Plain (or Rice if gluten free) flour
2 large Eggs
1 cup Cornflake Crumbs ***
Salt & White Pepper
Olive Oil Spray
- Slice the breasts into bite size, 1cm thick tenders - You should get about 6 out of each breast, or if using pre-cut tenders you can skip this step.
- Set up a crumbing station with 3 separate bowls in a row. Place the flour in the first bowl, then the lightly beaten eggs in the second and finally the crumbs in the last bowl. Season all bowls with salt and pepper (this will ensure the chicken is properly seasoned)
- Working along your station, first coat the chicken tenders well in the flour, shaking off any excess and then dunk it well in the egg. Place your eggy chook into the cornflake crumbs and make sure it is well coated, then place onto a clean plate. repeat until all the chicken is crumbed.
- Pre-heat your fan-forced oven to 200°c. Line a tray with baking paper and spray the paper lightly with olive oil spray. Arrange the crumbed tenders in a single layer on the tray and then spray lightly again over the top with oil. Bake for 20 minutes, turning halfway through cooking. Serve immediately with your favourite dipping sauce. YUMMMMMMY!
- Tip: Cornflake crumbs are found in the same aisle you find normal crumbs. I also sometimes use Panko or a half/half mix of both!
- Tip: I sometimes add flavourings to the flour for a little bit of extra somethin' somethin'. It tastes delicious with a tsp of cajun seasoning or dried herbs (thyme, oregano etc).